Housework is not exactly a favorite activity. It’s not easy to get motivated to start house cleaning. It feels like you’re never done with the task, and it can be frustrating just how much you have to clean around your home in Yelm, WA.
But don’t worry! We have some life-hacks for getting motivated to clean so that you can finally start feeling confident and motivated to clean your home again.
How can I get motivated to clean my house?
In order to properly clean your home like a pro, it is necessary first of all to get rid of bad cleaning habits. However, even after this preparation, most homeowners simply do not have the motivation to deal with dust and clutter. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get you in the mood for cleaning:
- Create a playlist to energize you. Choose fast-paced, upbeat music that makes you want to get up and move. You can also try different genres, including classical or instrumental music if your taste runs in that direction. When it comes time to clean the house, pop on your dance tunes while dusting to make tasks easier.
- Clear away distractions by storing unnecessary items in boxes or cabinets until you’re finished with the chores. Also, refrain from sitting down and watching a bit of TV until you’re finished – relaxing afterward is far more rewarding.
- Getting rid of clutter will boost your motivation to clean. A cluttered house makes it more difficult to see the “big picture” when you’re tidying up.
- Hang inspiring messages around your home to keep yourself motivated during your big clean-up. It does sound silly, but it also works. You can do this by sticking colorful sticky notes in strategic places where you can see them while cleaning around the home without being too distracted at all times.
- If possible, enlist the help of another family member or friend and get them to assist you with your cleaning efforts. Working together can actually be a fun time instead of a drudgery. You’ll have company while keeping busy around the home.
Since everyone has different standards regarding household messes and dirtiness levels, make sure everyone knows what’s expected of everybody by clearly stating who needs to do what. Although this is not the fun part of cleaning together, it is necessary.
- Make cleaning into a game by trying to beat your own personal record for how quickly you can tidy up an area. You know, create a speedy cleaning challenge where you’re competing against yourself.
You can also challenge another family member to see who completes the most tasks in one day before going home from work. Getting competitive about housework might sound silly at first, but it’s good motivation.
Where can I get a professional house cleaning service in Yelm, WA?
Although cleaning your home can be fun, it’s easy to see why most homeowners feel exhausted after this endeavor. Few homeowners are able to devote their time to home maintenance and other interests while also dealing with other daily responsibilities.
Fortunately, at American Maid Service of Olympia, we are always ready to assist you so that you can remove house cleaning from your neverending list of tasks. Leave the cleaning of your home to your professional cleaners, and spend quality time with family at The Pioneer Farm Museum & Ohop Indian Village instead. We will come to you with a custom cleaning checklist that is suited to your specific requirements at a reasonable price. Contact us today and get a free quote!