Once you decide to leave your place, you’re responsible for leaving a property in the same condition as when you moved in. There are two key reasons for this. The biggest concern should be avoiding disputes and claiming your security deposit in full, without deduction. Another reason to comply with a cleanliness clause is to ensure a good reference from your landlord.
Although the DIY approach appears to be an ideal solution, bear in mind that making your property in Olympia only reasonably tidy will require many hours of drudgery. On the other hand, hiring professional move out cleaning will offer you a quick, stress-free route to a spotless home.
Nonetheless, keep on reading if you’d like to learn more about how to clean your home before moving out!
How clean should a house be when moving out?
As your tenancy period comes to an end, there are a lot of things to check off the list before leaving your place behind. Follow these steps to meet the required cleaning standard and prevent damage to yourself, new tenants, or property:
1. Tackle your kitchen first
As one of the toughest areas in the house, the kitchen usually takes up most of your time. This is why it’s always a good idea to give it a thorough scrubbing while you’re at your peak. For best results, take a look at the following steps:
- Dusting/wiping cabinet tops and shelves
- Wiping cabinets and countertops
- Scrubbing sinks and backsplashes
- Sanitizing appliances, inside out
- Degreasing stovetop and the oven
- Mopping floors
2. Proceed to the bathroom
The importance of providing sanitary conditions should go without saying – just like you did when you spent hours tackling the smallest details during moving in.
To reap all the benefits of a move-in cleanse, don’t ignore heavy used areas in the house. Here’s how to be sure your bathroom is not populated with harmful bacteria and grime:
- Wiping down fixtures and countertops
- Disinfecting toilet, sinks, shower/tub
- Polishing reflective surfaces
- Sanitizing vanity area
- Clearing up cabinets and bathroom drawers
- Vacuuming and mopping floors
3. Freshen other areas, too:
Having a checklist of other areas that must be addressed will make the move in cleaning more effective and prevent you from missing any crucial steps:
- Eliminating cobwebs from the ceiling
- Dusting ceiling fans, light fixtures, and other surfaces
- Polishing and waxing furniture
- Tackling hard-to-reach areas
- Washing windows, window sills, and frames
- Sanitizing touch spots
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors
Is there anything else I should keep in mind?
Now that you know more about vacating your property properly, it’s time to find out if there’s anything else you should consider before you leave.
Despite being overlooked by most people, washing painted walls of scuffs and stains is an essential part of a successful move-out process. The following tips will help you do it effectively:
- Make sure you thoroughly inspect the walls
- Use a mild solution of warm water and soap to clean them
- Let them dry
- Repaint blemishes and stains with fresh paint
Where in Olympia can I find comprehensive move out cleaning?
Are you in search of professional assistance to ensure you meet lease requirements and bring the property back to the same condition as it was once you moved in? You’re in the right place because American Maid Service of Olympia got you covered!
As the industry leader, you can count on our full-service solutions, customized to your specific needs. All our services are powered by proven cleaning methods and environmentally friendly products to ensure the safety of our clients.No matter if you’re located near the Percival Landing Park or elsewhere in the area, we’re at your service. Contact us today and book the service you need!