While you can’t really see the dirt in the areas that are difficult to reach, it doesn’t mean it’s not there. These places are ideal breeding grounds for germs and bacteria and it’s vital to deal with them on a regular basis to keep your environment safe. Luckily for everyone, there are easy ways to address these areas effectively.
If you opt for a dependable company in Olympia and hire maid service to get your home spick and span, you can leave your worries about barely reachable areas behind. However, if you’d like to tackle hard‐to‐reach places around your property like a pro, read on and discover how.
How to tackle hard‐to‐reach spots?
When it comes to prevention and keeping your home germ-free, expert-based tips and tricks can help you get your home hygienic in no time. The following 5 tips can help you make every corner sparkle at a moment’s notice.
Light fixtures and ceiling fans
Although your ceiling height might be hardly reachable from the ground, it isn’t as difficult as it might seem. There are two ways to deal with it:
- You can use a duster with an extendable handle. Alternatively, simply wrap a microfiber cloth around a broom or mop handle, secure it, and you’re good to go. If you go for the duster, make sure its material doesn’t just spread dust around but makes it cling to it.
- Use an old pillow case, pull it over a blade of your ceiling fan and then slide it off removing the dust. However, this method requires climbing on a ladder, so make sure that you have someone to help you out.
While it may look immaculate on the outside, the shower head accumulates grime and dirt on the inside. Luckily, there’s an easy solution to tackle this:
- Grab a plastic bag and fill it with 1 or 2 cups of white vinegar.
- Soak the head in it and tie the bag.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours, then rinse the head
Window tracks, sliding door, and shower door
Dust and dirt accumulate quickly in these tracks, so it’s important to tend to them regularly. Fortunately, you can keep them in pristine shape in just a couple of steps:
- First, vacuum the tracks using a crevice attachment to remove loose dirt.
- Next, make a solution of 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap.
- Use this solution and a small brush and scrub the tracks thoroughly.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with paper towels.
There’s hardly a tool that fits well into the air vents. However, there is a way to deal with them properly. The first step is to vacuum them and remove any loose dust and dirt. Next, dampen a microfiber cloth, secure it to a butter knife and slowly wipe between the vents.
Cabinet tops are easy to forget, but they should be a part of your regular routine. You can use a duster with an extendable handle to remove dust. However, if your tops need a thorough clean up, you’ll need a stool, a towel, and an all‐purpose solution to wipe them down properly.
Where in Olympia can I book comprehensive maid service?
If you’re not sure how to make your spring project easier, or you’d like to spend your time doing more important things, American Maid Service of Olympia is the company you need. Thanks to our professionally trained, bonded, and insured technicians, we’re able to make every single client happy and satisfied.
Rather than wasting your precious time on chores, spend it with your family and enjoy a couple of relaxing hours by Capitol Lake as our professionals make sure you come back to a fresh home. Give us a call today!